Login – User Forums Survival Planning EMPShield.com Follow Up Questions Reply To: EMPShield.com Follow Up Questions

17 Replies

Survival Planning

Thank you for the workshop, great info. I probably will get a device for my house and truck- is there a discount code? I thought that was mentioned but I did not see it. Some questions that I had were if I installed a home EMP shield what is the best way to protect devices not plugged into an outlet? I was looking up info on faraday cages but I wanted to build something a little nicer than a metal trash can with carboard lining it or a EMP bag that you can buy on Amazon- I doubt my wife would like the way that looks too much in the bedroom- plus I want something I can easily access. I want to protect a large and small solar generator/ inverter, some radios and other electronics. I was thinking to get some kind of storage chest- probably made of wood and line it with heavy foil and/or faraday fabric and tape like TitanRF Faraday Fabric Kit Includes 44″W x 36″L TitanRF Fabric + 36″L TitanRF Tape + Instructions. Military Grade Conductive Material Shields RF Signals (WiFi, Cell, Bluetooth, RFID, EMF Radiation).: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific but I was wondering if anyone has done or has guidance on that.

I also have some solar panels but was wondering if I can just wrap the wiring with something like this TitanRF Faraday Tape – High-Shielding Conductive Adhesive Tape // Used to Connect TitanRF Fabric Sheets or Seal RF Enclosures (2.5in W x 10ft L): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientifichttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVSTP9V/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A18CIY81ATLFKV&psc=1 or would the whole panel need to be protected.

Finally on my truck one thing that sucks about the Tacoma that I have is that it needs a key fob to start the engine- there is not a way to manually start it with a key that I know of so I assume the key fob would need to be protected in some kind of faraday device. If anyone know of an alternate way to start it though I would like to know for a 2019 Tacoma.

Thanks- Daron